Making Magnetic Refrigeration the new standard
Cooltech Applications was founded in 2003 with the mission to make Magnetic Refrigeration the new standard in the cooling industry by productizing and commercializing refrigeration systems based on magnetic cooling.
After more than 10 years of extensive and in-depth research in diverse technological fields as magnetism, hydraulics, thermal mechanics and chemistry, Cooltech Applications has developed a unique cleantech solution, based on the 19th century discovery of magnetocaloric effect. The solution replaces existing compressors using polluting refrigerant gases with a compression-less, gas-free, energy efficient, and environment friendly appliance.
Cooltech Applications is the first company in the world to commercialize Magnetic Refrigeration Products. The first Magnetic Refrigeration System introduced by Cooltech Applications primarily addresses the commercial refrigeration market (plug-ins display cases for stores, kitchen equipment, beverage coolers, medical refrigerators...).
Cooltech Applications has also engaged with customers on applying the magnetic cooling approach to other market segments through co-development partnerships (e.g. Domestic refrigeration, Industrial cooling...). Cooltech contributes to collaborative research and development programs with major industrial groups:
- FP7 ICE - Heating and air conditioning for electrical collective transports
- MagFreeG - Deployment for commercial refrigeration applications (EU’s Eco-innovation project)
- MagCop - Research, development and industrial production ecosystem for Cooltech Applications’ products
- MagCool - Magnetocaloric materials
- Zen E-Drive - Light electric vehicle with solar charging stations
- IFPEN - Thermic exchanger for magnetocaloric systems
Based in the outskirt of Strasbourg (Eastern France) with business offices in Paris, Cooltech Applications is backed by well-established investors.
Holtzheim - Head Office & Facility
Paris - Sales and Marketing Department
Patents & International Recognition
Since the very beginning, Cooltech’s strategy has been oriented to protecting its technology. Today Cooltech Applications owns a solid portfolio of 300+ international patents in more than 40 countries. Its expertise and know-how have been constantly improved and augmented via international collaborations in science and technology. Recently, Marks & Clerk attributed a score of 8/10 to Cooltech’s patent families.
The company has also competed in several international scientific contests and has been the recipient of awards for its know-how and expertise in several fields including engineering, entrepreneurship, commercial refrigeration and clean technology.
Cooltech Applications is a corporate member of various international, scientific and engineering organizations:
- IIR - International Institute of Refrigeration
- IoR - Institute of Refrigeration UK • IoR – SIRAC Refrigeration &Heating Industry Users & Academics
- UKMagSoc - UK Magnetics Society
- IEEE Magnetics group (US)
- IET - Institute of Engineering & Technology
Cooltech Applications is today internationally acknowledged as the global leader in magnetic refrigeration.
The production facility
At Cooltech, we created the infrastructure for:
The current facility has been sized to industrially manufacture 10,000 machines a year in the begining through 2 assembly lines.